I put that $!&*@! on everything!
Rich, creamy, and packed with good-for-you, disease-fighting, gut-friendly ingredients. This avocado crema is about to become your new favourite condiment.
Whip up a jar on the weekend and you can use this crema in a thousand different, healthy ways:
- as a dip for your favourite veggies (it’s a perfect dip for kiddo lunches)
- as a spread on sandwiches and wraps
- as a spread on seed crackers or rice cakes
- as a garnish for tacos, lettuce wraps, and fajitas
- as a garnish for chili
- as a drizzle for pork, chicken or beef
- as a soup... OK, not really… but it’s tempting to sneak a spoonful straight out of the jar
Add some healthy fats — like the special disease-fighting fats in this avocado crema — to your snacks and meals, and you’ll feel full on fewer calories, and stay full for longer after eating.
yields 1 cup
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup balkan, greek or other full-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch cumin
1. Slice avocado, remove pit, and scoop flesh into small food processor bowl or blender. 2. Add yogurt, lime juice, maple syrup, & cumin. 3. Blend until creamy. 4. Season with salt and/or pepper, if desired.
Try not to consume before getting into jar and sealed.